Social Media

Social media: where opportunity awaits

26.11.19

By Nutcracker

Social media. Love it or hate it, your business NEEDS it.

It’s everywhere, and it’s vital to scale, boost ROI, generate new leads and create a voice.

If you’re still reading, you’re ready for growth. Whether you need to take your social media activity up a gear, or you’re looking to jump headfirst in to the unknown, Nutcracker is the team to guide you.

Just think, across the globe, there are 3.484 billion social media users. That’s 3.484 billion. Difficult to imagine, yes? OK, you don’t need to engage with ALL of them (phew), but among these users are your consumers. Your new clients. Your new leads. Your new opportunities. So, what’s your strategy?

Twitter. Instagram. Facebook. LinkedIn. Pinterest. Each has its own individual assets and each offer unique ways to interact with your customers. Not only do they provide a platform to communicate beyond social and local boundaries, but they also offer countless possibilities to share your content updates and opinions. Done effectively, they can and WILL generate ROI.

As a marketing agency, we are shocked to learn that only 44% of businesses depend on content channels for create brand awareness, and only 41% are utilising it to drive revenue. In 2019, we believe that 100% of businesses should have a presence, a strong voice in the crowd and a strategy to push it forwards.

Since 2004, online media has been growing exponentially and is hasn’t even begun to reach its peak of popularity yet. So, if you’re still asking whether it should be a focus area for your marketing strategy in 2019, the answer is yes.

Whoever your audience, they are on social media: 90.4% millennials, 77.5% Gen X and 48.2% Baby Boomers. They have a presence and are waiting for yours. And when you take into consideration that the average user is online for 2 hours and 22 minutes a day, if your business isn’t there, it simply won’t be seen.

Currently, 73% of UK businesses agree that social media marketing has been effective for their business. As for the other 27%, we blame weak strategies and poor campaigns, because you have to make social media work for you. It needs time, planning, talent, a joined-up approach and Nutcracker Agency. Particularly when you hear that:

  • 80% of social media leads come from LinkedIn
  • People are 31% more likely to recall what they saw on Twitter vs online browsing
  • 54% of YouTube users want marketers to put out more video content
  • 71% of customers who’ve received a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others

Make social media a route to increase your business’s exposure today. Call or email us on 020 3941 0305 and jenny.knighting@nutcrackeragency.com